FIRST GREEN AND RURAL TECHNOLOGY EXHIBITION
ALL INDIA PEOPLE's SCIENCE CONGRESS
27 – 31 DECEMBER 2010, THRISSUR, KERALA
SREE KERALA VARMA COLLEGE
PEOPLES SCIENCE MOVEMENT is a nation – wide movement with 300,000 members, coming from all walks of life, distributed in 30 organizations in various States and Union Territories. These organizations are linked together in the form of a network – ALL INDIA PEOPLES’ SCIENCE NETWORK. The 13th Congress of AIPSN is being hosted by Kerala Sastra Sahitya Parishath and will be held at Thrissur from 27 to 31 December,2010. The AIPSC will be attended by over seven hundred delegates, five hundred of them coming from various parts of India.
On the occasion of the 13th AIPSC, a Science and Technology Exhibition is being conducted from 26 to 31 December,2010 at the Sree Kerala Varma College premise, Thrissur. It is named as HARITHAM '10, the first Green and Rural Technology Exhibition.
Our state, Kerala, is undergoing vast changes under the rapid pace of urbanization, making the whole State with urban environment. The rural and urban are alike confronted with the same set of developmental problems : solid waste issues, energy and drinking water shortage, fall in agricultural production and ecological turbulences. This exhibition is addressing all these problems and presenting technological solutions, befitting for all rural and urban regions, under one umbrella. These are the prime exhibit profiles:
- Solid Waste management: Collection, treatment, storage, transportation and disposal of solid waste, Waste recycling,Waste to energy, Composting, Bio-gas plants and Gasifiers.
- Energy and conservation: Unconventional energy like Solar energy and Windmills, Renewable energy and LED lighting.
- Construction and Building Technologies: Building materials using mud and bamboo, Architectural products and services.
- Agro Industries: Agricultural machines and tools, Food processing, Value added products using coconut tree and water hyacinth.
- Technology for value added products in Pottery,Handloom, Khadi and Coir.
Hon. Ministers, renowned Scientists, Mayors, Municipal Chairpersons, Grama Panchayath Presidents, Industry Professionals/ consultants, Public Administrators, Public Utility Providers, Water and Waste water Consultants, Experts, Town planners, Architects, Engineers and Professionals will attend and participate in the Exhibition.